Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mobile Homes Again

I have written about my growing admiration of for my mobile home in the Catskills, which still expresses my feelings about having one. There are a few things I don’t love about it, most of which are aesthetic. I don’t like the arched ceilings, which are still less than eight feet tall, so really don’t qualify as cathedral (which I would like anyway), and I don’t like that there is only one window per bedroom. The concept though still appeals to me. I recently went with Marine to see “Home Delivery”, which is an exhibition of contemporary prefab homes at MoMa. These were my dream homes. Small, new materials, modern, efficient. Check out the show, and maybe you will fantasize about a “mobile home” rather than a Victorian that need renovated.

No comments: